Tagged! My Character Bloghop

I do love a good tag.  Thanks to Jess for giving me the opportunity to share one of my characters with you all.

I know this is supposed to be from my WiP, but I thought I'd share five things about Ed, the main character of Colony, instead.  To give you an idea about the novel itself, allow me to share one of my Twitter pitches:

Ed's psychiatrist says she doesn't play well with others, but Ed can't save her ship from monsters and killer psychics alone...

So, allow me to introduce you to Ed!

1) She lacks a brain-to-mouth filter, so she's one of those people who tell it you straight, regardless of how much she might hurt your feelings. As you might imagine, that does backfire for her.
2) Despite all that, she makes a fairly decent babysitter.
3) She really doesn't like exercising.
4) She loves her dad, but they argue a lot.  He's still hiding himself in his work, leaving Ed to deal with the loss of her mother alone.
5) The reason she has a psychiatrist is because of her brief stint as a vandal. He's helping her cope with her grief in less destructive ways.

If I had to sum up Ed (and Colony) in a song, it would be this:


I came this close to renaming Colony after this song...

And that's Ed! I'm going to tag Colin, Erin and Robin ^_^

Comments

  1. Thanks for the tag, Cole! Ed sounds like an interesting character. Certainly lots of... um... rough edges? :) She borders on the anti-hero, though perhaps she's more of the "unlikely hero" type. I'm sure she's fun to write. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Rough edges" sums her up very neatly ;)

      Delete
  2. Oh I do love Ed. I loved reading about her interactions with other people, especially ones her age. :)

    Thanks for tagging me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Robin! And you're welcome. I'm heading to your blog right now :D

      Delete
  3. Ed sounds like a colourful character! Your fourth fact about her is very similar to my current mc actually. Thanks for the tag! This looks like a fun bloghop and I really should put a little more about my story out there. Are we supposed to tag three people or is any number okay?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Erin :D Hmm... I wonder if our MCs would get on. Something tells me Ed would be the problem of the equation :P

      Any number is okay. I just did three because that felt like a good number ;)

      Delete
  4. Something about this character strikes me as eerily familiar...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Almost like you've met her before... ;)

      Delete
  5. Ed sounds fantastic! Personally I love reading characters who have no brain to mouth filter. :P She's not the only who despises exercise...

    Thanks for doing the tag! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for thinking of me :D I hope one day you get the chance to read Ed's story.

      Delete
  6. Oh, that brain-to-mouth filter. It's a tough thing to come by these days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ed sounds FANTASTIC. I want to read COLONY like, umm, NOW.
    Just one note: I've totally been reading your blog for a few years now (obviously) but when I read your pitch I immediately thought a tall ship instead of space ship. And then I was like, DUH, this is Cole's book. Anyhow, thought I'd let you know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^_^ That's okay. Normally it's attached to a bunch of hashtags that ID it as SF ;) Thanks for letting me know.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts